Saturday 18 April 2020

AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER

Just when I began to trust you again
After all the late-night fights we had
You turn the screws and increase the pain
Under the kitchen overhead lights, so sad

I chased you out of the house and past the gate
Yelling obscenities after you: "don't come back"
I am finally past believing in fate
Sadness has caused my body to go all slack

I am tired of being mad at you and myself
For wanting in this life a little romance
I guess my heart will go back on its shelf
Probably never getting another chance

And I wonder to myself does it make a man bolder
When having affairs at 65 and older?

No comments:

Post a Comment

FAMILY SCRAPBOOK AD Time

My latest published work about one family's experience with love, loss and trauma over four generations. Available at Amazon and other r...