Tuesday 5 May 2020

DAY/NIGHT

The day slips softly into the night
As I think about you and all that we had
Now it's too late to reverse our plight
Or the song that keeps playing that makes me so sad

You told me I could be honest with you
Saying "I forgive you for everything"
You expected me to recite that saying too
But forgiveness is not what I'm seeking

I want peace of mind to color my thoughts
I want to stop remembering the way you look when you cry
You and I gave it our best shot
It's still so sad to say goodbye

I walked away before more damage was done
And waited like a flower for the morning sun

No comments:

Post a Comment

FAMILY SCRAPBOOK AD Time

My latest published work about one family's experience with love, loss and trauma over four generations. Available at Amazon and other r...